Key Idea: iOS 13 modified how Home Screen icons display on Apple devices. If the image or graphic used for a Home Screen icon does not have equal horizontal and vertical dimensions, iOS 13 inserts a black bar to create a perfect square.
In response to this change, N-Vu changed the Feature Photo option for Home Screen icons to be a center crop. This may result in key parts of an image being cropped out, if the original image composition was not framed as a square. Please check the Feature Photo to make sure a center crop will work before choosing an image for the Home Screen icon.
If you upload a logo or icon so that it can be used as a Home Screen icon, we recommend you use an image that has equal vertical and horizontal dimensions.
How To Remove and Replace Home Screen Icons.
Unlike the App itself, iOS does not provide a method for us to push updates to a Home Screen icon. So while the Mobile App will receive image and code updates to the App, the Home Screen icon is fixed once it is added to the Home Screen. If you have a Home Screen icon that needs to be updated, follow these steps to remove and reinstall the Mobile App on a device.
1. From a devices Home Screen, tap and hold to reveal iOS's icon menu.
2. Select "Delete Bookmark".
3. Go to Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website Data to remove the cache for the Mobile App.
4. Scroll or search to find "enjoyphotos.com"
5. Tap "enjoyphotos.com" to bring up the Delete option, and delete the cache.
4. Find the Share email or text, select the web address to add the app back to the Home Screen. This will load a Home Screen without the black band.