Key Idea: A photo credit is a way for a photographer to provide a pre-paid code to a client to use when checking out of a Client Gallery. The Photo Credit is sent to recipients email.
A common way to use the photo credit is as a bonus to motivate a client to purchase a higher priced package. For example, a $2,000 package may include a $500 photo credit that your client can use to purchase photo products in a Client Gallery.
Create A Photo Credit
A Photo Credit is linked to an Event and the email address of the person you give it to.
1. Go to the Client Gallery and select Selling from the Client Gallery Editor.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the Selling section and select Photo Credits.
3. Review how Photo Credits work and select "Create Photo Credit"
4. Fill in your client's email address and the dollar amount of the Photo Credit. The Photo Credit can only be used if your client logs into the Client Gallery with the email you associate with the Photo Credit.
Note: You will be charged a 3% fee for the total amount of the Photo Credit unless you are on plan Level 5 - No Commission, which has no fee. The Photo Credit will be sent to the recipient's email.
Redeeming A Photo Credit
1. Your client logs in to their Client Gallery and shops for photo products
2 When your client checks out, there is a place to enter the Photo Credit. The Photo Credit is a form of payment to apply towards their order. In this example, the photographer offered a 10% discount. The Photo Credit is applied to the $405 total.
If the Photo Credit is less than the total, the client will be required to pay the balance on Checkout. If the Photo Credit is more than the Total, they Photo Credit can be used for other orders on the Event as long as they log in with the email linked to the Photo Credit.
Note: A Photo Credit can cover shipping for manual fulfill events. Photo Credits cannot cover shipping for auto-fulfill events because N-Vu collects and pays for the shipping. A Photo Credit is a transaction between you, the photographer and your client, not between N-Vu and your client.