Key Idea: There are different ways you can cull, or narrow down your client’s image choices. This support document will show you how to cull and different methods photographers use to cull.
How to cull in an IPS Session.
- Turn Ratings on for your IPS Session. For more information on how to turn Ratings on, go to the Ratings support document. For Favorite Folder information click here.
- IPS Sessions support four different culling views. Go to the lower right hand corner of the Culling screen to change your Culling view. View options include in order from left to right: Single Image, Compare, Thumbnail (shown below) and Large Image View.
- When you hover over, or tap an image you will see rating options. Click or tap the rating strip to rate that image.
- Once an image is rated, it will show in the Filter, found in the lower left corner of the Culling screen.
- Click on one or more rating categories to filter by the images in that category.
- Click on the Compare icon to use the Compare tool. Then use the Control key (PC) or Command key (Mac) to select up to 8 images from the image strip at the bottom of the screen to compare them.
- Click the lock icon to the right of the Filter to keep images in sync as you use the zoom feature. Use the “+” and “-” signs just below the lower right corner of the image to zoom in and out. You may also click and drag the image to center the image. Click the cart in the upper left corner of an image to order products.
- Click on the Single Image view. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move through the image carousel forward and backward. Click the cart in the upper left corner of an image to order products.
Tip: Use the Filter to re-rate “maybe” images. Once a rating is changed it will immediately move to its new Filter category.
- Click the Large Image view to cull using the full screen. You may use the arrows on your keyboard to move forward and backward.
Additional Culling Notes
- When using Dual-Vu, only the Photographer’s browser can make Rating selections.
- When using Client Galleries, the Thumbnail view, Compare view and Large Image view are all available as separate screens. To access Compare view in a Client Gallery, go to the Large Image view (click an image from the thumbnail view), click the three dot menu and click the Compare view.
Please sign in to leave a comment.